Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Here's Hoping!

With a serious amount of trepidation, I just wired a bunch of buckaroos to my account in Canada- well at least I hope it makes it there. The lady at the bank spoke "Lo Anglit" and could barely read neatly printed latin letters. It was a very exhausting thirty minutes for both of us. All day I will be madly checking my TD account hoping to see my money come through.

All of this is in preparation for Thursday's flight home to Ontario. We are going to spend two busy weeks saying goodbye to Grandma, visiting family, going to a wedding, and buying clothes that actually fit The Chicken, much to his annoyance. The man has lost I would guess 15 pounds since we last went shopping, and every morning with a great heave he cinches his belt to the smallest hole to avoid pants-around-the-ankles syndrome.

The weirdest part of this trip will be opening the cottage for the summer. Right before I left, I helped drain the water line, store the linens and put up the shutters for the cottages' winter sleep. To the cottage, it is as if I never moved to Israel and nothing has changed. Odd.

In good news: I found fifty shekels on the street this morning. James wants to spend it on a bus pass. Booo! Veto! I want to spend it on chocolate bars and ice cream.

1 comment:

s_u said...

I know one should never generalize but look, here's another example of guys into practicality whereas girls tend to indulge...

Have a safe and awesome trip!!!!!