My paper bounced. Which means it didn't even go out for peer review. The editor looked at it and said "Nope" and sent it back to us with the classic form email of rejection. I received the email on Friday morning and had an hour long chat with the boss instead of working on job applications. The conversation ended with the instructions that I should have all the introduction rewritten, the formatting changed (including switching from American to British spelling) and have it ready to send out by Monday.
After moping all of Saturday, and then working like a busy bee, I had it ready in the allotted time. But then I found a mistake. Not a type-o but a hmmm-I-had-better-do-that-experiment-again mistake. So paper is on hold. And I continue to have a merely average publication record.
But I am not the only one who got a kick in the pants this week. Over the last few months, The Chicken decided to eschew the collective experiences of one hundred years and thousands of other Hebrew language students and teachers, and "learn his own way." This equates to "I don't do homework." He is now paying for his folly, because we got our marks back and he didn't pass the course. He is too stubborn to take the course over again, so this is the end of the Hebrew Highway for James.
He vows that he will continue to study "in his own way." But after seeing his learning method in action, I have my doubts.
12 years ago
3 comments:
Oh Jan, I'm sorry your paper bounced. I'm on the other end of the spectrum, and have had to tell people when their papers bounce. It's not nice to be the bearer of that news (same with the "no, we're not funding you" news).
Good luck with the re-do.
yes, sorry to hear Jan. Keep working on it, you are a trooper!
BURN James! haha, that is too funny. who needs hebrew anyways...not like you're living in Isreal or anything :)
Thanks for your support ladies. We all have ups and downs, don't we.
Post a Comment