But today, I learned that instead a man is made of other, less abstract, more edible, things. This nugget of wisdom was imparted to me by the back of the hot dog bun bags, five of which are left over from last night's very successful BBQ.


According to the image, a man is made of milk, eggs, cheese, vegetables and, of course, a hot dog bun.
You may be wondering how I ended up with so many hot dog buns. Well, the Israelis never cease to amaze me with their nuttiness. I should have guessed that they would prefer to put their hot dogs in their beloved pitas, purchased for dipping in the ever present hummus, rather than the buns. Oh well, they thought The Chicken and I were strange for wearing hats when were were a bit chilled late in the evening. They thought that perhaps hats at night was "a Canadian thing."
We successfully fed about twenty-five people, with vegetarians and kosher folks thrown in the mix. Gabi's team won the quiz, clinching the win by successfully choosing the correct definition of a"skidoo."
The s'mores were a bit of a hit. Ido's girlfriend, as soon as I mentioned them, was at the BBQ ready to start roasting the marshmallows. Apparently she spent one summer as a camp counselor in the states. From the sounds of things, the s'mores were the best part of that summer for her.
The real rare treat was when Itzik unexpectedly pulled out his accordion from the trunk of his car. He once told me that years ago, he gave up a future as a professional player (no kidding) to pursue chemistry. This was the first time I had heard him play. I must admit, I didn't know any of the tunes, but I enjoyed it greatly all the same.


1 comment:
Happy belated Canada Day! I'm so pleased to see that you're doing your part to raise our Canadian profile and thus influence in the Middle East. Our political leaders are just completely useless in this regard. Cheers...
Post a Comment