I just checked the news as was horrified to hear that a 7.0 magnitude earthquake has hit only 30 km outside Christchurch New Zealand.
This is where my Aunt Sandra, Uncle Andrew and Cousin Finlay reside. As well, I have heaps of other friends and people whom I consider almost family who live in the South Island that I am worried for.
This is the same magnitude of earthquake that hit Haiti in January.
I really hope everyone is OK.
12 years ago
2 comments:
We're fine but the pets are freaked out. The whole house shaking to the left and right...top floor going one way, the bottom going the other. Rumbles rattles, if you were standing up I'm sure you would have been knocked off your feet. That was 4:30 am and it's now 1:00 pm and we are still having aftershocks. So far no fatalities reported but two men in intensive care with injuries. Electricity has just come back on but the water is still out in many places and cell phone coverage out. And I thought you were in the hot spot Janet!
I am so glad to hear that everyone is OK. Stay safe and tie the cupboard doors shut!
Post a Comment