It turns out, that when I dutifully went to the DMV this summer to have my license renewed, the DMV guy didn't change the expiry date from my old license. He essentially gave me a three week driver's license and told me to my face I was good for a year.
So tonight when the cop called in my license it came back expired. My warning for no headlights has turned into a misdemeanor driving-without-a-license charge, complete with mug shot, finger prints and court date.
To add insult to injury, this took so long to work out and I was sitting in my car with the headlights and blinker on, the battery on the car died.
James had to come pick me up and we had to leave my car in the parking garage. I held it together for another 15 or so minutes and then burst into sobs on his shoulder in a parking lot.
Did I mention that I am 5 months pregnant too? A pregnant mug shot just makes me feel that much worse.
| Notice anything funny about the expiry and issue dates? I didn't. That is, until the cop pointed it out. |
2 comments:
That totally sucks, lady! And there's nothing you can do about those pregnant-lady hormones. Especially not after a mug shot and fingerprinting.
Hope it's all uphill from here.
You're going to fight it, right? Get one of those x-copper services to plead your case?
I'm so disappointed in my American law enforcement peoples making an example of you.
Post a Comment