Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Independence Day



Being a holiday, James and I ventured out to see some cultural events. Last night we went to a very family friendly concert. Even though we couldn't tell what they were saying, we could feel the cheese oozing from the speakers. On the way home we caught the fireworks display by chance so we stopped on the side of the road to take them in.

Today, fueled by a perfect Omlette-de-James we visited a cordoned off neighbourhood where people in period costumes were doing skits on the history. Because of the language barrier, there wasn't much for us except a group of really fantastic Arab musicians accompanied by three talented dancers with shimmying hips, weaving arms and come-hither eyes. The whole crowd was totally enraptured including a wandering toddler who founder her way to the stage. Both James and I agreed the dancer we couldn't take our eyes off was the one in black and gold. As a wake-up call to the real definition of feminine beauty, besides being a stunner, she had I would guess at least five months of extra booty to shake.

There is a raging roof party going on on our building. We are listening to drunken people scream out Prince right now, but we were sonically berated earlier by some catchy Israeli songs including some surprisingly good Hebrew reggae. If the party goes past midnight (I am almost sure it will) and I am still sleepless, I will be heading up there to ply them for drinks. If you can't beat em join em.

No comments: