I am in Austria and have spent two lovely unexpected and unplanned days wandering around Salzburg.
I now understand Mozart a little better and why he was so desperate to leave Salzburg. Only 16 000 people lived there when he was alive. Let me tell you, the H-hole is two thousand larger and I was desperate to leave too as a teenager.
But that is where our similarities end. First there is the genius, which I am lacking. And to tell you the truth, the guy was a complete twerp, his whole life.
Salzburg also can lay claim on Haydn and Paracelsus.
Myself and the other Israelis included, managed to snag a secret, not-published-on-the-internet flight home tonight from Vienna. We hopped on a train this morning.
Sadly, the only sights in Vienna I have seen are the train station and the airport. Neither are very inspiring. I will have to come back to Vienna again sometime, and for now can be satisfied with the sights I did see by volcanic accident.
While I sit here at the airport, I hope my family has made their connections in Paris and Zurich and are now arriving at the rental apartment in J-town. Poor Al, is still in Toronto, since he was to fly though Heathrow and resultantly his flight was canceled yesterday.
I should also tell you that I got the interrogation again at the El Al check-in desk again. And I got some very ominous yellow tags on my luggage when all of my friends got green ones again. It makes me sorry that I washed all my dirty socks and underwear in the sink two nights ago. Two weeks of dirty laundry to search through would be sweet revenge.
I am gong to avoid flying El Al from now on. I am going to get my stuff searched every time since my story does not fit in the little pigeon holes of "tourist" or "businessman". I think I will stick to the slightly less security crazy airlines.
Well hopefully soon I will be home and with my camera cable so I can post some pics of my adventures.
Auf weidersehen!
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment