It is official. My flight was canceled and I am stuck in Munich.
I am far more Zen about this that I usually am about everything. Israel has really made me more relaxed about travel. Really, is there any point worrying about a volcano? Is there anything I can do about a volcano? James wants to nuke the volcano, but I am not sure that will help or hinder the situation.
Unfortunately, there is a big convention in Munich this week and the hotel prices are astronomical starting tonight. My place here in a 2*, shared shower, straight from the 50's hotel is going from 40 Euros a night to 250.
But I say, with my new found Zen, when a volcano spews out lemons, make lemonade! I think I am going to hop on a train and head to Salzburg for a couple of days. Heck, why not?
Since I never did the back pack though Europe thing at the age of 20, I guess this is now my chance at the age of 30. The only difference really, is that I am back-packing with a suit jacket, dress pants and laser pointer in my pack.
Wait a sec here, my computer just made a booping noise telling me I received an email...
It was The Boss, just emailing me to tell me me he "hopes the flight situation will open up" and "here is a paper for you to review." It is a 37 page manuscript. I guess my lemonade making is going to have to wait a few of hours.
12 years ago
2 comments:
hope that lemonade of yours is a sweet one!
Good luck! Enjoy the forced spontaneity, if you can.
Post a Comment