
I didn't want you to think I quit my quilt. I am slowly stitching away and now have 12 blocks. I realize now that I am working on a rate of just over one block a month. That is pretty darn slow, but what can I say. I think each block takes me about 6 to 8 hours.
I am stealing my design from a big super-dee-duper version that my friend Renske organized the making of and just finished a few months ago. The colossal masterpiece took 200 quilters and two years to make and just won an honourable mention at the Canadian Quilt Shin-dig. Mazel Tov! The plan is that it will be sold at the Mennonite Relief Auction for charity.
Since there is only me, perhaps I don't need to feel so bad about my speed. But I am not being so charitable. My quilt is going on my bed.
I've 12 blocks finished, but I think I need 16 for my less intense version. Renske, who kindly sent me the fabric for this project, only sent me 13 colours, and 15 tan background blocks. Hmmm. I think I need a consultation.
No comments:
Post a Comment