It could have been any number of problems that I had to solve while my family was visiting.
It could have been the plugged sink which took 45 disgusting and wet minutes of taking the plumbing apart and plunging to unclog.
It could have been the letter that told me the phone was getting disconnected.
It could have been the email from the boss saying "he tried to call me twice in my office" that seemed to imply I wasn't at work yesterday when I was actually armpit deep in the glovebox.
Or it could have been the pipette that I dropped that hit the Schlenk flask arm and broke it, which sent broken glass all over the inside of the glovebox.
Or it could have been the enormous pile of Hebrew homework I have to do with every second word needing to be looked up in the dictionary.
But this morning we forgot to put all the shower stuff on the sink shelf, so when Elvis, the washing machine from hell, powered up for the spin cycle, he shook a cup off and smashed it on the floor.
I burst into tears.
Lord, just let me make it to the weekend.
12 years ago
2 comments:
I hate when weeks like that happen. Be strong, cry if you need to and remember it can't last forever. I'll send up an extra prayer for you.
Sic transit gloria mundi.
Post a Comment