I have an excuse for slacking on the blog posts.
My poor old mac is sick.
It was probably the 33 degree heat in my office last week, but suddenly she was working really reeeeaaaalllllly ssssllllloooowwwwwlllllyyyy. I have been seeing a lot of the spinny wheel of death.
Turns out, one of my little ol' mac's RAM slots kicked the bucket. And the remaining RAM is pathetically small.
Basically, my two horse carriage is being pulled by a single old crotchety nag.
With only three legs.
Others have had this problem and won a class action suit against the evil Apple. In 2005. No help for me then.
So now I am on the hunt through Israel looking for a 1Gig RAM stick to beef up the remaining working slot. In essence I want my two horse carriage to be pulled by a single feisty stallion.
My computer is so old that this 70$ fix- if it works- will actually make it run better than it ever did.
Better brush off the survival Hebrew. Wish me, and my Mac, luck.
12 years ago
2 comments:
I know your pain. I have ungraded my RAM several times on two Mac laptops over the years. I'm sure it will make a huge difference? How old is your Mac? I still have my 2002 iBook at home. I don't use it very much and it can't stream video but it still works for word processing and email.
My old beastie is a 2004 Powerbook G4. Other than the ram thing, I haven't really had a problem yet.
Well except I can't download Kindle for Mac. My operating system is too old.
Post a Comment