Monday, October 29, 2012

Law and Order takes a Commerical Break.

So I  went to the court house. Met my lawyer. He handed in my Citation and I waited with all the other sheep to be booked. I could hear the conversations around me and it was clear that no one EVER did anything that was their fault.

Anyway, they wouldn't book me because the cop hadn't handed in my citation yet, even though he had distinctly told me to go downtown on Monday. Lawyer said, "come with me" and took me to the court room. While I waited at the back, he went and had a tete a tete with the DA with my warrent and two driver's licenses in hand.

While I was waiting, the security guard in awe asked "Is that your attorney?" When I nodded in the affirmative he said "You know he is one of the top ten attorneys in Nashville." Yahoo! Apparently my google-fu worked out.

Long story short: I have to wait until next week for the cop to file the citation and for it to be put in the system. However, at that time, the DA said she would drop the charges with no court fees.

So it isn't over yet, but I feel a lot better about it all.

1 comment:

Emma & Brad said...

Phew! Sounds like it is nearly over.