Thursday, December 4, 2008

Elvis, the Washing Machine from Hell

The chicken and I did our fist load of laundry in the washing machine that was recently, and reluctantly brought back to life by the guy we are subletting from. We now know why there is a cord wrapped around the machine tied to a tap. It is a life line, for during the spin cycle the machine shakes like Elvis on Uppers. And like Elvis, people just won’t let it die.

The electrical cord is slung from the machine's perch in the bathroom on two cinder blocks to the nearest outlet: across the hallway into the kitchen. This makes the limbo necessary on cookie runs to the kitchen. Also, as we discovered the hard way, you have to make sure the bathroom door is propped open because the violent shaking causes the cinderblocks to move in front of the closed door. And since the door is propped open, you get the full blast of the ungodly washing machine Rock and Roll. I found the soap bar that had been resting atop the washing machine from hell ejected halfway across the room. Altogether, the bathroom is a dangerous place to be in during the spin cycle.

2 comments:

s_u said...

Thanks Janet! I don't feel so bad now with my miserable drying machine which doesn't do its job... I hang dry my laundry these days. You should see my tiny apartment with underwear dangling everywhere. It's all better off for the environment I guess...

mel said...

hahahahahaha!