
On Friday night, I had a run in with The Chicken’s evil alter ego. Sir Snoresalot only comes out at night but since we have moved away from old moldy cottages, cigarette smoke and eau-de-cat filled houses he has not really been around much at all.
James’ allergies were probably acting up since that day we had dusted and swept the house which had gone two weeks without a cleaning. Last Saturday I had a wicked tummy ache and really couldn’t have cared less at the time. On top of that, earlier in the week we had one of those super eerie Jerusalem mornings. If you look out our bedroom window across the city it looks as though a fog has rolled in. A fine dust from the Judean Desert hangs in the warm air, which starts in earnest about 10 km away from us. Unlike fog, which burns off in the mid day sun, the desert dust leaves a thin layer of red on everything making frequent dusting and sweeping a domestic necessity.
About two a.m. I gave up battling with Sir Snoresalot and folded myself up like an accordion on the love seat in the living room. As a consequence, I had lots of dreams about canoeing. Despite the great dreams, I woke up in a real snit and the day kept getting worse and worse. The claws of the sleep deprived Hen were out in full force and I treated James abhorredly even though there is nothing he can do about his alter ego. Perhaps I have an alter ego myself: Crank-a-ma-saurus- rex.
Canoeing. Ahhh. I miss the woods. I want to hit the trees like you wouldn’t believe. I always feel this way when I am upset.
3 comments:
Ha, ha!
You may have seen the industrial earplug dispenser installed in my studio washroom when you were at my wedding reception....That's now out of service (and earplugs), but I do recommend the earplugs--they have salvaged my nite-time sanity!
I DID see that ear plug dispenser. And I remember it being decorated wonderfully. Hmmm. Maybe I will ask for one for Christmas next year.
Ironically, it was a Christmas present from Oli....
Post a Comment