Monday, September 28, 2009

Fetal Cow Fiasco

Never have I been so relieved to be wrong about something. Turns out I misread the letter dalet for the letter resh and the word I thought meant "fetus" actually means "processed." We did not eat "roast calf from fetus" but rather "roast calf processed." Guess I had better stick with those Hebrew lessons.

All the same, the roast was so under par, the fact that we even considered it was fetus goes to show just how bad beef is here. What I wouldn't do for a Triple A Alberta T-bone, medium, on the BBQ.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you were wrong. I kept pondering how the beef industry could be so vastly different there. Having not yet been born, I don't think a fetus would be classified as "alive" and over here a cow cannot be slaughtered unless it is healthy and "alive".

Love reading about all your adventures. xxoo
Ashy