
A year ago today, James was arriving at the door having flown from TO through Kiev to Tel Aviv. This is a real milestone since it was also the beginning of us living together. It is not our wedding anniversary, but rather our marriage anniversary. It has been a year of adjustments to be sure. Mostly for James since I was born perfect, and he of course is constantly trying to achieve the same, especially under my caring guidance and tutelage.
To tell you the honest and humble truth, I have husband training down to an art form. Let me tell you some of my achievements to give you examples of a hubby that is well "hen" pecked.
I have the chicken shopping trained, oh miracle of miracles. Normally he would wear clothes until they fell off his body, but not after training. I gently start mentioning his ratty clothes weeks before to get him primed for the event. I carefully choose ONE store to blitzkrieg, because I know that only one store is what his patience will handle. Last Thursday, I dropped him and his bags in front of a full length mirror and just started tossing medium sized sweaters and shirts in his favorite colors (blue and green) at him. Twenty minutes later, we left with two shirts and two sweaters. Now he looks schnazy.
As well, I have the chicken well trained on Friday mornings. Janet-sleeping-in time is sacred and he brings me coffee once I wake up. All this time, James quietly hangs out in the living room and reads what ever boring book he is obsessed with this week or plays a baseball computer game, and doesn't complain a peep.
Later in the afternoon while I clean the bathroom, James diligently moves all the furniture around to sweep and mop the floors, like a good, well heeled hubby.
And if I get on a sewing blitz, James entertains himself (see pic courtesy of Siu- and yes I realize we are wearing matching sweaters like septagenarian love birds).
On weekday mornings, James makes the PB&J sandwiches and packs four pieces of fruit for our daily lunch meeting at 11:30.
I could go on and on about the amazing progress he is making.
But wait. Now that I read this over, I am noticing a few things. Clothes shopping down to twenty minutes? Leaving James hours to read and play computer games and nap? I hate cleaning the bathroom! I used to eat lunch like a normal person at noon.
What the heck is going on here? Could it be possible? Am I a trained wife!?!
6 comments:
Happy anniversary!! From what I observed over my little trip, the husband training (or wife spoiling depending on perspectives ;p) is of great success. (I got coffee from James too!) If you didn't tell, I would have no idea that you two only started living together a year ago! As cynical as I am towards marriage, I see a glimpse of hope for myself so thank you both...
haha, sounds like he's whipped you into shape. I've lived with you Jan, and you never used to clean our bathroom every week!!! just kidding...i don't ever remember cleaning it really.
Sui, that is the nicest thing you said. It made my day warm and fuzzy.
Blogger Janet said...
Ewww, Em. We weren't THAT bad. I cleaned it about every two, two and a half weeks.
It is the vacuuming that I really hate.
Em - according to Janet, you share my dislike of putting dishes away. So I am pleased to report that so far my "wife training" has been very effective in getting me out of doing this irksome task.
I have to say, I enjoy the vacuuming of all chores, but now more so because its funny to chase my cats with it and scare the bejesus out of them.
Poulet...my wife training must be in full swing because putting the dishes away (and washing them) is now my job everyday! oh how things change with a hubby
Post a Comment