
We are still slowly savoring the treasure trove of Canadian candy that arrived courtesy of Mom and Siu. We have a carry-on suit case with treasures like Twizzlers, Coffee Crisps, Salt and Vinegar Pringles and oh-so-tasty Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I keep our booty in this suitcase right next to my side of the bed, only inches away from my ears.
James likens me to Smog the dragon from The Hobbit. Poor Bilbo can't take any of the gold for fear he makes a noise and wakes the dragon sleeping atop. James tries to sneak up while I slumber, but the rustling of the plastic packages, immediately wakens the sleeping hen and the deadly flailing of limbs. "Noooooo!" I yell, as the foot suddenly flies out from beneath the covers to block his passage. Bilbo, I mean James, giggles and makes a hasty retreat.
This Shabbat morning, we lounged in bed and snuggled up with a couple of cups of coffee and a movie on my lap top. James kindly suggested that I could have the first shower after the credits rolled. I, being the trusting person that I am, thought my husband a very considerate man, but was brought back to reality ten minutes later. Wrapped in a towel, James tried to get a kiss, but I shied back at the last moment. "YOU!" I exclaimed. "YOU have eaten a peanut butter cup! I can smell it on your breath!"
Now, I am not only Smog the Dragon, I am also the dreaded Eye of Sauron, that sees all. James claims I am going to terrify our children because nothing gets past me.
HA! Any child of mine will be smart enough to cover their tracks better when they sneak candy. Like brushing their teeth afterwards!
2 comments:
I think the chicken is too affectionate for his own good. If he would have resisted the towel clad Janet, and didn't lean in for kiss, he would've been home free! But maybe it was a bluff? What if he ate a bunch of twizzlers and then used the peanut butter cup as a decoy to mask the twizzler scent? That would be sneaky.
You know, that IS a possibility. However, when I mentioned this suggestion to The Chicken. His reply was "Ohhhh. I should have thought of that!"
For most little things, he isn't a very good lier, but be warned, his April Fools' Day jokes are epic in proportion and awesomeness.
Post a Comment