Just to remind you before I get into this story, Friday and Saturday are the weekend here in the land of Jews and Muslims. By Thursday afternoon, my work week is almost over and all I can think of is watching "House" after dinner and two blissful days of sleeping in.
So, it was announced to me by my favorite TEM tech that there will be new rules and times that users can book the TEM. "You will be able to work 'till ten o'clock on one night per week!" he said enthusiastically, while I inwardly moaned imagining myself eating dinner at 11:30 pm because the only TEM slot left was the last one.
But then his announcement got better. "We will keep the TEM open late on Thursday night!"
Ha ha ha. This had to have been my boss' idea to get us to work more hours.
Considering yesterday morning I was at work by 7:30 to start the instrument up for the day and get a few samples in before group meeting, fat chance I will be booking evening hours. I earned my weekend and darn tootin' I am going to take it.
12 years ago
2 comments:
YES to weekends! :)
YES to darn tootin! :)
Post a Comment