Sunday, February 28, 2010

Gold for Israel



As Canada basks in the glory of having the most gold medals, I think about tiny Israel, whom only had three athletes completing in this winter's Olympics. I have come to realize that Israel has missed out on an great opportunity for guaranteed Olympic glory. Israel would clean up if they entered athletes into the Ski Cross. They have been inadvertently training the populace for years.

If you don't know what ski cross is, it is the newest Olympic sport where they send four people down an obstacle course of a hill at the same time and see who doesn't crash. You need speed, aggression, and very sharp elbows.

I think that Israel should strap a pair of skis on one of those little old ladies at the shook who drive their wheely carts like maniacs and elbow their way through the crowd ruthlessly. Those ladies would shamelessly send all the other competitors into the nets.

I can just see it. Little stooped over lady in a tweed skit and a cardigan, magenta hair flying in the wind, elbow out and cart trailing behind as she busts it down the ski hill.

Gold Medal for Israel!

No comments: