I got a bit of a “Meh” response from the boss on the two papers I found that were fishy. So I sent an anonymous email to the Editors today. Perhaps nothing will happen, but at the very least they will likely check this guy’s papers a little more closely before they publish them. I feel like a bit of a superhero: Academic Integrity Avenger! I should design a costume. I am open to suggestions.
Editors Hojo and Rogers,
Recently, I came across two papers by Srivastava's group in your journals that I noticed had several identical figures. Upon closer examination, much of the text is identical as well. The later paper seems to be a slightly different interpretation of the same results.
Roy, P.; Srivastava, S.K. Materials Letters. 2007, 61, 1693-1697.
Roy, P.; Mondal, K.; Srivastava, S.K. Crystal Growth and Design. 2008, 8(5), 1530-1534.
I felt I should bring this to your attention. I have attached PDFs of the papers.
Sincerely,
A Reader of Materials Letters and Crystal Growth and Design
12 years ago
2 comments:
Good for you!
thanks for safeguarding the academic integrity, Quantum of J! the safety of the scientific community is in good hands...
this message will self-destruct in 5s...
Post a Comment