
After the awful quince experience (i.e., Mystery Fruit No. Two) we were both a little leery of another fearless fruit feasting, but felt that we should potentially sacrifice our flavour-buds so you folks at home could live vicariously though us.This green spiky fruit cost us about four shek and started firm but got softer as he sat in our fruit bowl for a few days awaiting his fate. When we did cut him open, there was soft white flesh that tasted sweet and a bit like a mango. Unfortunately there were 64 (we counted them) kidney bean sized black seeds to work around. I thought the fruit was kinda tasty and promptly ate most of it. James didn’t like it as much and said he considers it a B-list fruit. Good thing the fruit was already dead and in my belly before he heard that insult!
4 comments:
if i'm not mistaken, this is my grandma's favourite fruit. i like it too although the seeds are obviously annoying. definitely hazardous if you eat it in a hurry...
Don't leave me hanging here Siu!!!!
What is it called?
I only knew the name in Cantonese but thanks for asking. Surprisingly, after googling "green fruit with white flesh and black seeds", a winner came up... Cherimoya!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherimoya
I hope you and I and Wikipedia are all talking about the same thing
; p Looking forward for mystery fruit #4...
hey, upon digging some more, i'm not so sure now... may be it's atemoya. either way, they're all related i'm sure...
Post a Comment