I am going to be famous. I was interviewed by a reporter from the Red Deer Advocate because I am an Albertan living in the Middle East. The questions were all things the town busy body would ask: Are you afraid of Suicide bombers, did you feel unsafe during the recent conflict with Gaza, how was first moving here…
My favorite question was “Do you think Albertans should visit?” to which I answered “Absolutely they should visit. We have an extra bed!” He laughed and said he wouldn’t publish that. Regardless, all of you reading this blog are friends and family (I think) so you should take the hint!
So those of you in Red Deer (Bryan), keep an eye on the paper!
The most exciting thing is the weather forecast, (I know pathetic). After two meteorologically miserable weekends, this weekend is going to have the Israeli version of a Chinook. Hot dry winds coming in from the Sahara will bring the temperature up to 27 C. James and I are headed to Tiberias to bike around the Sea of Galilee, which is really should be called the Lake of Galilee. I plan to show my Muskoka roots and take advantage of the hot weather to go for a swim.
I am very excited to go on another adventure and spend my weekend doing something other than staring at our blank walls.
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment