
9 AM
I felt gross on my walk to work with a bit of a tummy ache. I am grumpy and a little out of sorts. Then I came close to tearing a labmate a new one for hoarding chemicals. Beyond that, I am angry at my other labmates for just plain existing. I am doing my best to be a little ray of sunshine on the outside, but on the inside I am as mean as a thistle.
1 PM
I ran an experiment on the cool particles I made(but I can't tell you what they are) to see if they did something (but I can't tell you what that something is). The result was very good news.
I feel excited and very relieved. In November, when I read papers for two straight weeks, I convinced the boss we should work on this one material. On the inside, I had no idea if it was going to work at all. I was terrified that would spend all of this time making the particles only to have them be useless. Today, I got proof that my idea wasn't completely off the mark. Whew, I am not a complete idiot!
3PM
Just put on another experiment that is so gutsy, it will never work.
Two seconds later I got a call from the boss. "Janet, what is going on !?!?!!" That man has spies everywhere. Of course he wants all of the possible experiments done NOW. But just like me, he will have to wait.
5 PM
Holy Horseshoes Batman! The gutsy experiment? IT WORKED. Wait till the boss hears about this one.
5:30 PM
Boss has just left after droping by to see the results. "This is very exciting" he says. And wants a million experiments done NOW.

5:32 PM
Boss comes back in my office 'cause he is "too excited about this" and wants to discuss it a bit more.
5:50 PM
Boss calls from his car on the drive home to talk more.
6:10 PM
An example patent shows up in my email in-box. Guess what I am doing this weekend?
6:45 PM
Boss calls me again to tell me of a control experiment I need to do. I decide to sleep tonight with the ringer on my cell phone turned off.
1 comment:
Nice! I think. That sounds very nice, I think. Mad awesome on the science side, maybe not so nice on the amount-of-work side? Funny on the outside-sun-inside-thistle side, that's for sure! Bossman says I am good at faking smiles. ;)
Janet? You rock. :)
Post a Comment