
The shook lately has hit an all new level of yummyness. All sorts of fruits have recently come in and we are PIGGING out on plums, apricots, strawberries and melons. I can't wait until the cherries and nectarines come down in price. Sadly for you, all the fruits have been pretty normal lately. Although, there are fresh figs in the shook these days that I am itching to try out and Itzik tells me it is cactus season soon.
We have come across a couple of strange veggies lately. Well strange-shaped veggies. I couldn't resist buying the cabbage that looked like a dunce cap (James models it beautifully in the pic- I really must put the camera in James' hand one of these days so I have pictures of me!).
The other Friday I elbowed my way past some woman trying to pull a your-veggies-are-too-expensive-give-me-a-deal (on cucumbers that cost less than one dollar a kilo) in order to by some strange hairy cucumbers. I had all sorts of visions a great mystery fruit entry with all sorts of phallic innuendo. I took pics, cut them up, tried a piece and it tasted....like a cucumber.
Ah well. Not all discoveries are exciting, but we will continue to tenaciously taste test all in the name of science.
No comments:
Post a Comment