This morning I accidentally sprayed my self with thiol. Although not super dangerous or anything, for those of you who are unfamiliar with chemistry, thiols are a family of chemicals that are the active smells of garlic, skunks and rotten eggs.To put it simply, they stink.
It was a long chain thiol so amongst the least odoriferous in the family, but still icky all the same. I put my sweater in a plastic bag and soaped myself up. James promises he can't smell anything on me but I can still smell a little on my wrist. Since thiols bond strongly to skin proteins (all those who have had a cat or a dog hit by a skunk are familiar with this), it might be a few days before the eau de funk is totally gone.
I think I will put on some more deodorant.
And find a new lab coat.
1 comment:
i was biking home the other night and had a close encounter with one of those black beauties. he or she just hissed at me and i diligently detour without complaint. that thing's just too adorable...
and there's that other time way back in Edmonton walking home in the wee hours and found myself stuck in the dilemma of helping or not helping one whose head got trapped in a beer (not sure) bottle! oh, poor thing.
Post a Comment