Although we are a day late, James and I are hosting a Canada Day/ James Birthday/ Janet's Birthday party for us and about 15 Israelis this afternoon. It is partially pot luck with James and I serving "tube steaks" and s'mores.
Poor James. He spent his birthday evening last night buying groceries for the party. The only consolation was going for pizza in the German Colony for dinner. Since the place is kosher, there was no meat other than tuna on the menu. James ordered a tasty pizza-pie with pineapple, mushroom and eggplanet. Yep, that is right. It said eggplanet on the menu.
As I was waiting for James to order at the counter, I shamelessly people watched. I counted 18 children under the age of ten in this crowded little pizza joint. Not to mention the daytime high was 37 yesterday so it was also wicked hot. There wasn't one scream, cry, whine or fight. It occurred to me that not only do Israelis excel at having children, they must be good at raising them too.
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment