Monday, July 27, 2009

Gleedah Scrooge


Here is a very important word to know: gleedah. Say it with me now: gleedah.
It means ice cream. More specifically "Shtai Gleedot" means two ice creams which you can get from the McDonalds for 6 shekels.

I love ice cream and could eat it daily, but lately James has been saying no to my ice cream urges and been quoting euphemisms like "A shekel saved is a shekel earned" and other nonsense that usually comes from my lips. But I make exceptions in my frugal nature for important things. Like ice cream in thirty degree heat.

When anyone is more frugal than me, you know they are seriously cheap. I am now calling James the Gleedah Scrooge.

But this is besides the point of this post, which is to tell you a funny story that can go amongst the ranks of "Gandaf the deer" pulling Santa's sleigh and Martin Luther King leading a protestant revolution three hundred years before he was born.

I was describing my lamentable gleedah situation to a labmate today. But after they gave me a bit of a blank stare, I asked them if they knew what a scrooge was.

"Yes, Yes," they said. "Scrooge, is like Scrooge McDuck."

Well sort of, but less ducky.

No comments: