Monday, October 19, 2009

Trimming off the excess

I don't know if any of you have seen my mom lately, but she looks great. In the last year, she has been steadily shrinking and last week she announced she has made her goal and is officially a "healthy weight" for this first time in my memory. Which shockingly, is below my own pita supplemented weight. I was despondent.

"Congratulations, Mom" I said, somewhat depressed. To which my mom just laughed gleefully and said, "Thanks, Janny" sarcastically.

This morning, I weighed myself for the first time since May and I have to say that getting back to being super-active Janet has payed off. I am officially back to Alberta status even after last weekend's gluttony of eating out four times. And although I don't have the bulging apricot sized biceps from kaykaking this summer, I do feel stronger and healthier than I did in the spring.

Now, pass the pita and hummus.

No comments: