
Last week, we got the first real rains of the winter which lasted three days nearly non stop. Since last winter wasn't wet enough and the land has just gone through six months straight of baking sun, it felt like the earth was singing with every drop. Little purple flowers have already popped up out of the mud in gratitude to the sky. Even the locals were not really grumbling about the rain, despite shivering in their damp apartments. And when the last day of rain came to an end, there was a wonderful sunset to be seen from the window next to the lab oven.
The rain unfortunately corresponded with Siu's trip. Which wasn't all that bad since it meant that it wasn't too hot to wander around all day and it gave him an excuse to spend a day napping and getting rest on his first vacation in a very long time. I had a great time visiting and exploring with him, and well, not writing blog posts. I know my dear, mostly-silent friends, I have been neglecting you. But have no fear, I am writing a heap of blog posts right now so there should be one every day for the next few days.
1 comment:
hooray, finally my procrastination has somewhere to go again!! ;) i just enjoy you writing - glad to hear you guys had a great time!
Post a Comment