I lost my temper today for the first time since I started this job.
I really had had enough of someone else not doing their job with anything resembling competence and it adversely affecting me. And nice words had not worked in the past- trust me this was a long time coming. So after I had wasted yet another two hours of my time because of their incompetence and they finally showed up to work at ten, I let them know exactly what I was thinking.
I am happy to say that this occurred in a closed room and not out in public, there was no personal name calling, no tears (which usually happens when I am really angry) but there was a fair amount of embarrassing finger pointing ("this is not MY job, it is YOUR job."and "I always seem to be left solving YOUR problems")
At lunch, I had to tell The Chicken I had royally screwed up and lost my temper at work. I was expecting a sigh of disappointed resignation,a bit of a reprimand and then a frank discussion of what I needed to do next which I figured would be the dreaded apology.
The Chicken's response:
"Good. About time."
Did I ever tell you The Chicken is awesome?
12 years ago
1 comment:
high five!!
Post a Comment