Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Chametz Purcahsing office- Update!

With only two hours to spare, I got a call from Asaf on Monday afternoon.

"I have a last minute favour to ask," he said.
"I have some leftover chametz, would you be willing to buy it? And my mother-in law's too?"

I happily agreed and we agreed on the steep price of twenty agarot (7 cents) which I left on his desk this morning. My new purchases are locked away in Asaf's and his mother in law's houses.

How great. I am providing a service. Buying chametz totally made my day.

My only regret is that I didn't act like a real Israeli and try and haggle him down.

3 comments:

s_u said...

i'm on the lookout for new investment opportunities and would like to find out more about your revenue and your vision of the business plan... do you get any tax break for this? what about coupon? how do you ensure the quality of your product??

Janet said...

My revenue will be pretty bad. I will sell it back for the same price on Tuesday!

s_u said...

Did you at least scoop some for yourself or are they going to bake you some cookies?? I think you're too honest for the business world, Janet...