
That is not a porcupine. That is a blur on the stair case. I think a GIANT campus porcupine is like campus bigfoot. I don't think it actually exists, despite James' adamant claim he saw two.
But then two weeks ago, I saw this on one of the campus walkways, right where James claimed to have seen them. Very suspicious...

But still, this was only circumstantial evidence that a GIANT campus porcupine frolics in the flower gardens and I remained skeptical.
Tonight my whole world changed.
As I was coming down the stairs to the Neve Shanan gate, I saw a strange thing in front of me. Scuttling down the path was a startled porcupine, or rather a porcupine tail, surrounded by a whirl of erect quills. The quills were knocking together as he scurried away, making a noise not too dissimilar to the sound pasta makes when you pour it into the pot of water. His swaying two-toned quills in the light of the street lamp reminded me somewhat of a big Souxian headdress weaving through the air in a circle dance.
Like many people who report having seen a Sasquatch, I did not have a camera on me. So I did not get a picture. But I am now a converted believer. I believe the GIANT campus porcupine exists!
You may not be believers yet, so I will continue relentlessly to find you real proof of the GIANT campus porcupine.
2 comments:
This is not a porcupine (KIPOD in Hebrew) but a hystrix (DORBAN in Hebrew). They are all around Jerusalem, hiding in populated neighborhoods.
They sure look a lot like some Hebrew speaking cousin of the North American porcupines to me.
So these dorbanim are like funky city dwelling Jerusalem porcupines? Are they teenage mutant ninja porcupines?
Do they live in the sewers? Should I be sending pizzas down manholes?
Post a Comment