Saturday, November 13, 2010

Well that's unexpected

Now that we live so close to the Damascus gate of the old city, we hear all sorts of noises:
The call to prayer, men yelling out their wares on loud speakers, sirens, traffic, incessant honking and churchbells of every variety.

But with my window open, I am hearing something I would never have guessed to hear coming from the old city. 

A full pipe band and drums. 

This place just gets whackier and whackier. 

3 comments:

Jeff Manthorpe said...

"If ya want my body AND ya think I'm sexy, come on baby let me know!!!" ..." We have a piper down! I repeat, a piper is down! Ahk! It's alright! He's just pissed!"

s_u said...

and how often do you guys go down for cheap falafel?? jealous...

Janet said...

Not so often, Siu. I think I have been over-felafeled. But we do go for more walks in the old city to be sure.