
I start today’s post with a quote from World of Wonders by that burly old uncle of a story teller, Robertson Davies:
“An infant is a seed. Is it an oak seed or a cabbage seed? Who knows? All mothers think their children are oaks, but the world never lacks for cabbages.”
There is someone at work I have correspondingly named “Mr. Cabbage” and who thinks he is Mr. Oak. Although I have met quite a few great Oaks here, my boss being one of them (he doesn’t know about this blog so I am not sucking up here), no university is complete with out a few cabbages with PhDs.
In an effort to maintain some level of professionalism, I learned a new trick the other day. When utterly frustrated, I can blast off in French to James on my walk home and no one in the lab is the wiser….so handy. And since I really don’t know too many insults in French, that means I can’t say anything really horrible.
Example no. one:
Pendant il expliqait le problem, j’ai pensé "Le condenser aperture que tu touche est un objective aperture, douche bag. Tabernac."
No comments:
Post a Comment