Monday, June 1, 2009

What a sucky day.

Today, I have the Anti-Midas touch. Everything from the moment I got to work went to poo. I started at the microscope and halfway though the session the Tech showed up and I got in trouble because somehow my reservation didn't show up on the internet scheduler. (Not like anyone was working then anyway!) And I discovered that yet another reaction tanked. I don't know why I can't reproduce this reaction. It is driving me nuts, making me very frustrated and feel really stupid and embarrassed. Some post-doc I am.

I dislike blaming other people for my failures, but there were a series of other little things that added to my already fecally inclined day that made me really angry and frustrated. Like someone leaving a puddle of water on the floor for other people to slip on. I really don't want to vent specifics of the other things on the internet, but let me tell you it has been one of those days where I think it is hard to soar with eagles when you are surrounded by turkeys. I wish people would just own up to their responsibilities.

Then my sandwich was stale.

Then my juice, a pick-me-up treat, got stuck in the vending machine.

Then I had two more reactions die in the flask.

The only thing good that happened was that I used my lizzard catching skills from Austrailia and resuced a gecko from the halls on the Nanocentre and released him to the wilds of the campus grounds. Hopefully he had a better day at school than I did.

2 comments:

s_u said...

mine wasn't as bad as yours but i feel your pain. treat yourself with some Mystery Fruit #8...

Anonymous said...

If you want. I can tell you how to get your juice back and many other tasty treats from the vending machine. C