
Can you believe it? It has been a whole year since I arrived in Israel. This time last exactly one year ago, I was dragging 70 lbs of luggage though a narrow street in the old city trying to make it to the Austrian hospice. For the next few days, I had a terrible tummy ache and wondering if I had made a good decision.
So did I? Absolutely.
It's funny, now at the very middle of my time here and having said so much already, I find my self strangely at a loss for words. And you all know, that rarely happens. Perhaps I will have something more sage to say when I leave.
So I simply take my teacup of bad Golan wine and head out on to the little balcony off the kitchen that looks south over the twinkling lights of the city towards Bethlehem. A toast to Jerusalem. L'chaim!
1 comment:
Congratulations on a whole year Jan!
I am glad to hear that you are loving it so far.
Continue to embrace the adventure as you have.
Big hugs,
Ashy
Post a Comment