The paper finally came back. And yep, as is my lot in scientific life, it is not ready for publication unless I can show my particles not only look good but can also make julienne fries. At least it wasn't a flat out rejection this time. After a couple of hours in a spectacularly foul mood on Friday, I am back to normal. So back to the lab and more work for me.
But not for a couple of days, because I am headed off to sunny Ashkelon. Where is Ashkelon, you might ask. Well, it is on the beach and one home-made rocket ride from the Gaza strip. Yep, this is the city that gets all the F-U-with-love rockets from Hammas.
Needless to say, I am very glad things are kinda quiet lately. And I hope those smuggling tunnels from Egypt have been moving food and aid and cement rather than more ammunition. Yes, I dare to dream.
What, pray tell will be taking me to Ashkelon? Well the world famous NanoIsrael Conference where yours truly will be giving a talk. I was shaking in my boots in Munich because all the big boys were there. I was nervous in Toronto because I was trying to impress but this is a whole new type of nervousness. Israeli audiences can be tough, brutal and a few of the profs have no problem telling you in front of an audience such zingers as "your research is based on the greatest failure of chemistry in the last 40 years. " I am considering battle amour over my suit. Maybe my towering height in my new three inch heels will be enough to scare them off.
Wish me luck!
12 years ago
1 comment:
just go political! kidding... all the best, Janet!!!
Post a Comment