![]() |
| Behold the Happy Dance |
Despite the fact that I screwed up the first ten elements of the periodic table, for some miracle, the folks at Wilfrid Laurier seemed to like me. Maybe it was the fact that I flew halfway across the world for the interview.
So for the months of January through April, I will be teaching chemistry to 425 eager/sleepy/stessed/terrified/hungover freshmen. It is officially a part time job, but I think that putting together a whole course and wrangling 425 students worth of questions will be full-time in reality.
I think I will (eventually) be good at it, but I must admit I am completely daunted by teaching a whole course.
It is only a contract position, but at least I will not be living off my savings only, since I probably don't even qualify for Unemployment. And this will be a nice stepping stone towards a faculty position that, in principle, would start in July or August. Keep your fingers crossed for full-time, permanent employment.

8 comments:
Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HIGH FIVE!!!!!!!
Indubitably you are A-1! Congrats!
And that last comment came from me. By the time you start your job I may have figured out how to post a comment!
whooooo! i knew something was up!
attabe, professor macdonald! we are happy dancing along with you.
(which element messed you up? was it boron? i always mess up boron.)
Congrats!
You know... Waterloo is pretty close to Toronto. Hooray!
Jev will tell you that WLU is the best university in the world. That's his totally unbiased opinion. :)
Congrats Jan!! That is amazing news! and there is nothing wrong with temp/contract work, I've been riding that gravy train for a while and I don't feel I'm any worse off for it. Just call it incentive to impress :)
Congratuations! Practicing interview questions with your mom got you ready. If you can answer questions with some confidence and not break into laughter as your mom addresses you as Doctor Macdonald, you certainly could answer them in front of a group of University interviewers. Now I am being a grandma as your sister has gone to the hosital.(4 pm Saturday)
Post a Comment