You may be wondering why exactly I was in the airport flying to Moscow the other day.
It turns out, I got a job interview. I normally would have told you earlier, but I had to keep it a secret since the sudden trip home coincided with an old friend's bachelorette party. I was so disappointed that I was going to miss Terri's wedding, so it was a real treat to roll up the pathway with my suitcases and give her a big surprise as she and all her girlfriends were getting manicures. Polly, another old friend and one of the bridesmaids, was the only one in on the secret. I was pretty excited to rub Polly's growing belly; she is having her first child in January. I was also able to surprise yet another high school friend who came to the party, Alison, who got engaged only last weekend.
The job interview was this morning. It was the first live interview I have given in about seven years and consequently, I was shaking I was so nervous. And of course, now that it is over, I am obsessing over what I should have said and didn't, and what I did say and shouldn't have. It is a good thing my mom is on a diet and doesn't keep nibbles in the house, because I could stress-eat a whole package of cookies right about now.
My super cheap flight back home- I mean Israel- is tomorrow on the random Russian airline (hence going to Moscow). It was a whirlwind trip but it won't be long until I am home-as in Canada- for good. We have decided to spend a couple months at my Uncle's house in Listowel. Even though I wasn't raised here, I am related to about half the residents of the local cemetery. After so many years living like a vagrant, the thought of moving–even temporarily– to a place that I have roots is comforting.
No comments:
Post a Comment