In the nearby village of Ein Kerem, there is a wonderful tile painter by the name of Ruth Havilio. Her shop can be found behind the blue gate on the main road. Head up the pathway to the stone house that has had many additions and changes over the decades and never seen an architect. Climb up the twisty narrow stone staircases to her studio in a single room that seems to be perched on the roof. Just follow the tile signs that say "studio" and knock on the blue door.
James and I have had our eye on her stuff for over a year now, and today we picked out our "big purchase" to remember Israel by. It took us a while to decided what we wanted because there were simply too many designs and options to choose from.
In the end we opted for two classic geometric designs in the traditional cobalt blue. She is painting them just for us, and they will be ready in a month's time.



1 comment:
Hey Jan! Looks like a great purchase, look forward to seeing it. I loved the first picture, and THEN I noticed the kitty in it and I love it even more now! good shot
Post a Comment