The security at the air port was extra-especially thorough today. I got interrogated for at least 30 minutes including detailed descriptions of my research, a list of my friends, showing emails, going through one of my chemistry talks and showing the list of contacts on my cell phone.
Not to mention the swabby-swabby-swabby of my stuff. My computer was X-rayed, count em', five times.
I was so flustered by the end of it I forgot to grab my coat out of my luggage before I checked it.
Waiting for my delayed flight to Moscow, I was freezing my butt off in my tee shirt in the over air-conditioned terminal. After three hours of goose bumps I gave up and shivered my way to the duty free to try and buy the cheapest warm piece of clothing I could find.
After hunting though the bottles of booze, cartons of cigarettes and ridiculously over priced sweaters because they had an alligator on them, the result of my search was a miracle thirty dollar track suit hidden behind the one of the cash registers. After the purchase, I immediately tossed on the purple zip-up sweater. But then thought, well heck. If I am going to spend all night on a plane, I may as well wear the comfy pants too. They are a little on the tight side; you can see my underwear lines when I walk- but who cares. I am warm and I am all decked out to sleep on the plane.
So here I sit outside Gate C6 illustrating my indomitable sex appeal by wearing a matching purple track suit.
But don't worry, since I am heading to Moscow first, I am surrounded by the fashions of Russians. The purple track suit actually seems to fit in.
12 years ago
2 comments:
I can't believe I didn't actually get you to SHOW me the purple awesome tracksuit when you were in my house!
It was absolutely fabulous to see you. I'm so happy that you made it to Terri's party. Her face was absolutely priceless when you hauled your luggage up the front steps. And Ali's was equally priceless when she saw you in the restaurant!
Good luck on Tuesday!
Purple track suit, baby, YEAH!
Post a Comment