Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Chickens can Fly

The Chicken is on his way! The cheapest flight he could find was though the Ukraine, so at this point he is....wait for it.... Chicken Kiev.
Sadly I did not come up with that myself.

Mumsies (aka The Chicken's mum) just emailed me a picture of The Chicken at the airport. He did not look impressed by having his picture taken at all. I have an odd feeling he was being fussed over as there is a ziplock bag in his right hand containing a yoghurt and a snack. I do my best to avoid getting that look, but sometimes it is necessary to get what you want done (See, I didn't post the actual picture so I didn't incur "the look"!). Mumsies has a thick skin when it comes to ignoring James' looks of death. I will have to study and learn from the master.

Yesterday was a mad rush of chemistry and making my way to a far off shopping centre to buy a pillow and stock up on groceries. Our neighbourhood supermarket is absurdly expensive as it caters to/milks rich anglo-saxons, according to Itzik. "What about poor anglo-saxons?" I asked. Apparently there is no such thing in Israel. James and I are pioneers. We, oddly poor anglo-saxons that we are, will be making epic journeys to the cheep supermarket to buy stuff that the shuk doesn't have.

No comments: