Saturday, November 22, 2008

The maple shekel is a perceived security threat!

Lessons for the wise: do not wear your hoodie up on a cool night in Jerusalem. Even if it does say "McGill Chemistry" across the front ( i.e., "I am a big geek"). I just got chased down by a yelling security guard on campus as I was heading home. He checked my ID, checked if my student card was fake, asked questions and let me go. Good thing I didn't have my noise canceling earphones in; I could have been tackled to the ground.

The countdown is on to moving into the new digs. I am super exited about having my own space that isn't covered in hair like Captain Kirk's. No kidding, I don't think the man has ever swept. It is gross. I have made my room into a little hair and dirt free haven.

I went out yesterday and bought The Chicken and I an ugly blanket to get us though the first few nights. I almost bought a nice quilt, but I held off. Quilts are something we should decide on together as we begin to play house. Big fluffy down comforters seem to be the thing around here, but The Chicken, ironically, is allergic to feathers. We will have to make do with fleece, poly-fill, woolly socks and and snuggles.

1 comment:

mel said...

Yay for snuggles! :)