Sunday, November 16, 2008

Mystery Fruit #1: The Pomelo


On my latest adventure to the shuk, I went a little overboard. So much so that I have a pressure rash on my shoulder from my overfilled bag of vegetable loot. Amongst the recognizable food stuffs, I bought a mysterious green citrus fruit the size of a small cannon ball. Would it be sour like a lemon? Sweet like an orange? The curiosity was killing me! Tonight, I gave in and tried it. First of all, the peal was so thick that I felt like I was digging for buried citrus fruit treasure. YARR! I be finding’ ye loot ye green-skinned scalley-wag! AVAST! The skin be thicker than a scurvy dog's! I be openin' the sections and tastin' the pink pulpy bits. Well I'll be jiggered! She be tastin' like a sweet grapefruit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On behalf of citrus lovers everywhere, I was shocked, offended and morally outraged to see that of all the insults in the world to choose, you called a citrus fruit a "scurvy dog". Have you no shame?

The Chicken