I feel much better now that I cleaned the kitchen, which incidentally is Kosher and I have been learning the rules. Captain Kirk is not so clean. I found a bottle of Cif, a.k,a. Vim, at the grocery store and used about 1/3 of it on a tiny kitchen. I got rid of some black sponges, bought two new ones and labeled them M for meat and D for dairy. Yes, being kosher goes that far. Now, I understand the kosher rules to be mostly about hygene, and of course avoiding the cruel and unusual cooking of an animal in its mothers milk. But the black sponges, despite one for meat and one for dairy, were unholy. They had to go. I am with the locals on this one, cleanliness is next to godliness.
The front loading washing machine is right now cleaning my unmentionables and the spin cycle sounds like it is going to lift off. Must go check…
Yep, everything is A-O-K.
Work is going well, I think. I have been reading for a week straight trying to figure out what material I am going to try to make nanosized. Every time I think I am close to a decision, I find more complicating factors which manifests as more hunting through the literature. Basically, I really don’t want to pick the wrong material to work on and a) waste good paper making time b) look like an idiot in front of the boss in one year’s time. Maybe I should just pick one and hope for the best.
12 years ago
3 comments:
happy settling in. go go nano!!! mmm... may be i should label my sponges too. trust me, you don't want to know the details...
Siu, I love getting comments from you! makes me glad someone is reading my efforts! And I am a little worried about your sponges. I don't think you are Jewish, are you? What are you cleaning with those kitchen sponges that they need to be labeld?
let's just say i'm too cheap to open a new sponge for dishes after some major kitchen cleaning...
Post a Comment